The Junior League of the Oranges and Short Hills (JLOSH) is an organization of women who are CONNECTED, RESPONSIVE, and COMMITTED to improving lives within their community. Founded in 1913, JLOSH serves the communities of East Orange, Livingston, Maplewood, Millburn, Orange, Short Hills, South Orange, Springfield and West Orange.
The Junior League of the Oranges and Short Hills is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The Junior League: Women Around the World as Catalysts for Lasting Community Change.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The Junior League welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities.
Our Impact Area
Fill the Need Initiative
The Junior League of the Oranges and Short Hills is focused on addressing the basic needs of low-income children, pre-K through 8th grade, in our service area. Our community service work is dedicated to closing the gap on food insecurity, essential clothing needs, school supply gaps and hygiene needs of school-aged children living in poverty. We believe that when these basic needs are met with the necessary supplies and educational resources, that low-income children can focus their energy on succeeding in school.
- Our ability to improve the communities we serve by our direct action
- The friendships we share with one another and in the community
- Creative problem-solving through taking risks
- Opportunities for training to increase our effectiveness as leaders and volunteers
- Diverse perspectives in the pursuit of our goals
- The importance of a satisfied and energetic membership which functions as a team